Below are current WEAC and UniServ job openings. For more information about these and other job opportunities, contact Jill Hein, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800-362-8034, extension 230, or at WEAC, P.O. Box 8003, Madison, WI 53708-8003.
WEAC Director of Finance and Operations
3/22/2013 8:43:55 AM
March 22, 2013
Position Title: WEAC Director of Finance and Operations
Bargaining Unit: None – Management level position
Reports to: WEAC Executive Director
Job description: This position is responsible for budget development, financial accounting, and auditing. The person in this position coordinates and implements the membership processing program, oversees the information technology and human resources programs and is responsible for WEAC facilities (buildings and grounds). The person in this position directs and supervises the Associate and Professional Staff assigned to the Fiscal, Membership, Information Technology, Human Resources and Resource Operations functions. The person will represent WEAC before the members and external organizations, and serve as a member of the WEAC Management Team.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Appropriate academic credentials – a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance. A master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or a professional designation such as CPA or CMA is preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting and finances, including auditing procedures.
- Ability to develop accurate budgets.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting and membership programs.
- Outstanding skills both as a leader and a manager.
- An understanding of the operations of a labor union.
- High ethical standards and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to promote and adhere to the WEAC Policies adopted by the WEAC Board of Directors and Representative Assembly.
- Commitment to union values and public education as an institution.
- Willingness to maintain and enhance where necessary, professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Knowledge of technology and electronic communications.
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for WEAC’s mission and values.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Ability and willingness to function as a team player.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and weekends on occasion.
- Serve as the Director of Finance and Operations for WEAC.
- Prepare the WEAC budget and other budgets.
- Advise the Executive Director, President, and Secretary/Treasurer on WEAC financial policies and procedures.
- Assist UniServ units and local association affiliates in the development of budgets, audits, and financial statements.
- Manage the membership processing program.
- Manage the WEAC facilities (buildings and grounds).
- Manage the information technology program.
- Manage the human resources program.
- Assign, direct, and supervise the Associate and Professional Staff and any others assigned to the Fiscal, Membership, Information Technology, Human Resources and Resource Operations functions.
- Represent the Fiscal, Membership, Information Technology, Human Resources and Resource Operations groups at WEAC meetings and with other campuses and UniServ’s.
Salary and Fringe Benefits: Very competitive salary and benefit package including, but not limited to: health, dental, life, vision, long-term care and long-term disability insurance. Liberal retirement package, business ground transportation package, sick leave, vacation, and training funds.
Location of Employment: WEAC Headquarters, Madison, WI
Applications: Please submit a letter of interest detailing your experience in the areas of responsibility outlined above. Include at least two letters of reference from employers or colleagues who are familiar with your work and the names of three other references. Submit this material and a copy of your resume no later than April 19, 2013 to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Wisconsin Education Association Council
33 Nob Hill Drive
P.O. Box 8003
Madison, WI 53708-8003
(Reference: Director of Finance and Operations)
WEAC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER